MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WTVA/BMC Athletics) – The Southern States Athletic Conference announced today that Blue Mountain College lefthander Eli Jackson (SO/New Albany, MS) was named the SSAC Pitcher of the Week.
The award comes on the heels of Jackson's dominate performance of conference foe Martin Methodist where he threw a complete game (9 innings), one-hit shutout.
He would fan 11 Redhawk hitters and walk three while facing only 28 hitters in the Toppers' 1-0 win.
"It was one of the best games I've seen pitched in quite some time," BMC head coach Curt Fowler said. "Not only that, but it's possibly the best pitched conference game we have ever had since we began baseball. Any time you can one-hit an SSAC team, you've accomplished something not many other pitchers have. Eli is very deserving of this award and I'm extremely happy for him."
Jackson is steadily becoming a problem for opposing hitters this season. He is 2-0 with a 3.63 ERA and has 26 strikeouts in 17.1 innings of work.
Martin Methodist was 10-3 before running into Jackson and the Toppers. BMC won the opening SSAC series 2-1.
- BMC baseball’s Jackson named SSAC Pitcher of the Week
- BMC baseball’s Looker named SSAC Player of the Week
- BMC’s Bardley named SSAC Player of the Week
- Harding named MACJC Pitcher of the Week
- Burns named MACJC pitcher of the week
- Myrtle's Bishop signs with BMC baseball
- Ingomar's Zach Koon signs with BMC baseball
- Hamilton earns third SSAC Runner of the Week award
- Toppers' season ends at SSAC Tourney
- ICC's Springfield named MACJC Pitcher of the Week