HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — Jack Kenley knocked home three runs Wednesday as No. 2 seed Arkansas defeated No. 7 seed Ole Miss 5-3 in the Southeastern Conference Tournament.
Arkansas (41-15) remains in the winners' bracket and faces No. 3 seed Georgia, which beat Texas A&M 2-0 earlier Wednesday. Ole Miss (34-24) has an elimination game Thursday at 9:30 a.m. with Texas A&M.
Ole Miss led 3-2 until Arkansas pulled ahead for good on Kenley's two-run single off Zack Phillips (4-3) with two outs in the sixth inning.
Ole Miss put the tying run on third and the potential go-ahead run on first in the eighth inning, but Matt Cronin struck out pinch-hitter Chase Cockrell to end the threat. Arkansas added an insurance run in the bottom of the eighth.
Arkansas' Kevin Kopps (6-3) allowed one run in 1 2/3 innings of relief. Cronin got the last four outs — all by strikeout — to earn his 11th save of the season.
- Arkansas defeats Ole Miss in SEC Tournament
- Ole Miss women fall in heartbreaking SEC opener at Arkansas
- Ole Miss baseball secures SEC road series victory at Arkansas
- Corral leads Ole Miss past Arkansas 31-17 in SEC opener
- Ole Miss tops Arkansas 3-2 to advance to SEC Tournament semifinals
- Ole Miss baseball advances to SEC Tournament Championship game
- Alabama rallies to beat Ole Miss in SEC Tournament
- Ole Miss softball’s SEC Tournament opener postponed to Thursday
- Ole Miss softball eliminated by Kentucky in SEC Tournament quarterfinals
- Ethridge, Ole Miss top Missouri 2-1 in SEC Tournament