ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. (WTVA) - The Lady Wreckers 05 softball team, based out of Booneville, won the 12-and-under national championship Thursday at the Youth Softball Nationals.
The Lady Wreckers defeated a team from Tampa, Fla., 7-2, in the semifinals and clinched the championship with a 7-2 win over a team from New Jersey in the finals.
The Lady Wreckers went undefeated in the tournament with a 9-0 record and outscored their opponents 109-13.
Each player on the Lady Wreckers' roster was born in 2005.
- Area softball team wins national championship
- Area grapplers win national championships
- Booneville Lady Wreckers '05 softball team wins another national championship
- BMC archer wins national championship
- Area softball team finishes second in national tournament
- Area teams capture MHSAA cross country championships
- EMCC wins fourth NJCAA National Championship
- East Mississippi wins NJCAA Football National Championship
- MUW women's basketball wins USCAA National Championship
- Area players help lift Jones to national championship