TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Four area youngsters recently won national championships at a North American Grappling Association (NAGA) event in Foley, Alabama.
Landon Ward won 13-year-old expert Gi, Banna Robinson won 12-year-old intermediate Gi, and Addison Hurley won 12-year-old Female No-Gi Beginner.
Reid Jones won the national championship in intermediate 100-110 lb. 13-year-old No-Gi. He placed third in two other categories.
Jones will travel to Las Vegas for the IBJJF World championships for kids, which begins August 24. He trains under Grady "Sue" Hurley
and Derek Nelson with Small Town Fitness.
Jones won two world championships in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu last December.
- Area grapplers win national championships
- Area softball team wins national championship
- BMC archer wins national championship
- EMCC wins fourth NJCAA National Championship
- East Mississippi wins NJCAA Football National Championship
- MUW women's basketball wins USCAA National Championship
- Area players help lift Jones to national championship
- Thornberry Qualifies for National Championship
- Ole Miss senior Arianne Hartono wins National Championship
- Pontotoc teen wins national championship in turkey calling