AMORY, Miss. (WTVA) - There was a changing of the guard this morning at Amory High School.
Cade Hoggard was introduced as the Panthers next head baseball coach.
Hoggard replaces Chad Williams, who stepped down after 20 seasons. Williams will remain Amory's athletic director.
The 32-year-old Hoggard spend the last five seasons as head coach at Olive Branch.
Hoggard had an accomplished amateur baseball career. He helped lead Oxford High to a state title in 2005, then played college baseball at both Mississippi State and Delta State.
"You've always known about the program here, and the type of baseball in which they play," said Hoggard. "So when Coach Williams called me, it was a no-doubter to come down and hear what he had to say."
"Everybody I've talked to about Cade, when I called around and stuff, they said that he's a great ball coach," said Chad Williams. "One coach specifically stuck out when he said he's a great ball coach, but I think he may be a better fella than he is a coach."
- Amory High head baseball coach Cade Hoggard introduced
- UPDATE: Houston introduces new head baseball coach
- Chris Lemonis introduced as MSU head baseball coach
- TCPS' Cade Hall signs with Christian Brothers baseball
- New Site High School hires new head baseball coach
- Nettleton High School approves new head baseball coach
- Ricketts officially introduced as MSU head softball coach
- Adkins named Starkville High baseball coach
- Former Starkville High baseball coach passes away
- Dillard named new head baseball coach at TCPS