TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo High School's Johannes Sognnaes and Oxford High School's Morgan O'Connor have named 2019 Allstate All-Americans for soccer.
Sognnaes and O'Connor, who are forwards, are just two of just 250 players in the nation to receive the honor.
From those 250 players, 40 males and 40 females will be selected to play in the inaugural Allstate All-America Cup to take place in the Orlando, Florida for the 2019 Major League Soccer All-Star Game. The players will be honored at halftime of the 2019 MLS All-Star Game.
- Tupelo's Sognnaes, Oxford's O'Connor named All-Americans
- Tupelo 49ers win state American Legion championship
- Rolison named First Team Preseason All-American
- ICC's Halums named NJCAA All-American
- Bailie Springfield named NJCAA All-American
- Keenan, Jordan named Freshman All-Americans
- ICC's Harding named All-American by NJCAA
- Perez named MSU soccer’s first All-American
- Pilkington, Price named Preseason All-Americans by Collegiate Baseball
- Mangum, Pilkington named Perfect Game Preseason All-Americans