TAMPA, Fla. (WTVA) - The Tupelo 49ers saw their season end Sunday with a 4-2 loss to Pedal Valves, La., in the championship round of the American Legion Southeast Regional.
The 49ers defeated Troy, Ala., in the first game of the day.
Tupelo's season ends at 22-12-1, with a state championship and a top 16 finish nationally out of 3500+ teams.
- 49ers' season ends one win short of World Series
- Tupelo 49ers win 49er Invitational
- Tupelo 49ers win state American Legion championship
- Chiefs end drought, beat 49ers in Super Bowl LIV
- MUW baseball's run in Small College World Series ends
- Oregon State wins College World Series, beating Arkansas 5-0
- Caledonia youth softball team wins Dizzy Dean World Series
- Louisville defeats Miss. State 4-3, ending the Bulldogs' run in the College World Series
- Tupelo 49ers win senior American Legion state tournament; hero almost misses work
- Manning's late TD pass leads Giants past 49ers