Cedar Falls, Iowa (WTVA/NJCAA) - No. 3 Iowa Western rallied from an early 10-0 deficit to win the 2017 The Graphic Edge Bowl- Feature Game 36-19 over No. 5 Northwest Mississippi. Sophomore Kai Locksley earned postgame Offensive MVP honors for the Reivers.
Northwest built an early lead after Jack Abraham found JaVonta Payton for a 10-0 lead in the first quarter. The Reivers turned to Locksley who provided two touchdown strikes, including one just before halftime for a 17-10 lead at the break. Iowa Western used two more fourth quarter touchdown passes from Locksley to secure the win.
With the win, head coach Scott Strohmeier recorded his 100th career victory and has now guided the Reivers to double-digit wins in five of the last six seasons.
- Iowa Western powers past Northwest Mississippi for bowl win
- Mississippi State wins inaugural eSports Egg Bowl
- Weatherspoon, Holman power Mississippi State past North Georgia
- McCowan powers Mississippi State women past Auburn 85-59
- Mississippi State selected to face Iowa in the Outback Bowl
- Iowa defeats No. 18 Mississippi State 27-22 in Outback Bowl
- Milton powers UCF to 34-27 Peach Bowl win over Auburn
- Alabama wins Iron Bowl 52-21
- Offense powers Diamond Dawgs past Nicholls 14-4
- Weatherspoon leads Mississippi State past Little Rock