FULTON, Miss. (WTVA/LetsGoICC.com) - Coming off a 62-14 win over Mississippi Delta Community College, ICC entered the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) football rankings for the first time this season at No. 20, the national office released on Tuesday.
The Indians (5-3, 4-1 MACJC North) have won four-straight games and will close out the regular season against Holmes Community College (6-2, 3-2 MACJC), who also received votes in this week's poll, for Homecoming on Saturday. A win would earn the Indians a share of the MACJC North Division championship.
Iowa Western Community College (7-1) remains the top team in the country for the second-straight week while Arizona Western College (6-0), Northwest Mississippi Community College (6-1, 4-1 MACJC North), Blinn College (6-1), and East Mississippi Community College (7-1, 5-1 MACJC North) round out the rest of the nation's top five spots.
Other MACJC teams ranked in this week's poll include: No. 7 Hinds Community College (6-1, 5-1 MACJC South) and No. 8 Jones County Junior College (7-1, 5-0 MACJC South).
Kickoff between the Indians and Holmes is scheduled for 2:30 p.m.
- ICC football enters NJCAA Top 20 rankings
- ICC football earns No. 10 ranking in final NJCAA poll
- ICC golf team earns Top 5 ranking in NJCAA poll
- ICC's Halums named NJCAA All-American
- ICC's Harding named All-American by NJCAA
- Indians move up to No. 14 in NJCAA football rankings
- ICC's Williams, Ellington earn NJCAA All-America honors
- ICC softball looking to make more history at NJCAA Tournament
- ICC softball splits pair of games at NJCAA World Series
- ICC's Burns, Meine earn NJCAA All-American honors