BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - South Carolina is the preseason favorite to win its fifth straight Southeastern Conference women's basketball crown while Gamecocks center A'ja Wilson is projected to win her third consecutive SEC player of the year award.
A panel of SEC and national media voted on the preseason rankings that the league released on Tuesday.
National champion South Carolina was picked ahead of Mississippi State, which lost to the Gamecocks in both the SEC women's basketball tournament final and the NCAA Tournament final.
Missouri is third, followed by Tennessee and Texas A&M. Wilson, the 6-foot-5 senior, was picked for the preseason all-SEC team. Others on the preseason SEC team include: Victoria Vivians and Morgan William of Mississippi State, Missouri's Sophie Cunningham and Tennessee' Mercedes Russell.
- MSU women picked to finish 2nd in SEC basketball play
- MSU women open SEC play with road win at Georgia
- MSU women predicted to win SEC basketball championship
- SEC announces MSU women’s basketball conference slate
- MSU picked to finish 3rd in SEC West, Ole Miss 6th
- Ole Miss, MSU near bottom for preseason SEC picks
- MSU's Poe honored by SEC
- SEC coaches pick MSU first, McCowan Preseason POY, Howard All-SEC
- SEC matchups complete 2019-20 MSU men’s basketball schedule
- Kentucky preseason pick to win SEC men's basketball title