FULTON, Miss. (WTVA/ICC Athletics) – The Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) announced its women’s soccer weekly awards on Tuesday, with a pair of Itawamba Community College players sweeping the honors.
Freshman forward Deanna Christie (Liverpool, England) was named the league’s Player of the Week, while freshman keeper Haley McGill (Saltillo) took home the Keeper of the Week award.
Christie had a pair of goals in the Lady Indians’ 2-0 win over East Central Community College and added an assist in a 2-0 victory over Hinds Community College last week. This week’s honor is the second time this season the freshman forward has been selected as MACJC Women’s Player of the Week.
McGill had 10 saves and did not allow a goal in a pair of shutout victories. She played the second half in both matches for a total of 90 minutes in net for the Lady Indians. It’s the second time this season the honor has been awarded to an ICC player. Merrie Kate Grayson (Tupelo) was selected MACJC and National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Keeper of the Week in September.
The win over East Central secured a spot in the playoffs for the second-straight season and tied the total for most wins in a season as the Lady Indians improved to 9-5 overall and 5-1 in the North Division.
ICC will be back in action on Friday, October 13 when they travel to Northwest Mississippi Community College.
- ICC sweeps MACJC Women's Soccer weekly honors
- Northeast sweeps weekly MACJC basketball awards
- ICC softball earns numerous MACJC postseason honors
- ICC baseball wins MACJC Championship
- ICC's Little named MACJC men's soccer player of the week
- ICC sweeps Coahoma
- ICC's Halums earns MACJC Player of the Week honors again
- ICC's Siddell earns MACJC Player of the Week Honor
- ICC women's soccer duo earns national scholastic honors
- Trio of ICC women's basketball players named MACJC All-Stars