FULTON, Miss. (WTVA/ICC Athletics) – Itawamba Community College freshman outfielder LaBryant Siddell has been named Mississippi Association of Community and Junior College (MACJC) Player of the Week.
The Belden native helped the Indians (28-12) go 3-1 last week as he hit .562 picking up nine hits in 16 plate appearances. Siddell scored four times last week and picked up five RBI while hitting three doubles and stealing three bases.
To start his standout week, Siddell went 2-for-4 in the Indians 6-3 game one win over Mississippi Delta and added a hit in the 4-2 game two loss.
Saturday against Co-Lin, Siddell went 4-for-5 with four RBI in the 12-2 run rule victory and then went 2-for-3 with two runs scored and an RBI in the 9-5 win that gave the Indians the series sweep.
Siddell leads the Indians with a .406 batting average and 6 home runs this season and is third on the roster in the RBI with 24.
The Indians will travel to East Mississippi Wednesday for a MACJC doubleheader as the regular season winds down. First pitch in Scooba is set for 4 p.m. and the Indians are in line to earn a playoff berth.
- ICC's Siddell earns MACJC Player of the Week Honor
- ICC's Halums earns MACJC Player of the Week honors again
- ICC softball earns numerous MACJC postseason honors
- Joyce earns MACJC Player of the Week honor
- ICC soccer players earn postseason honors
- Five ICC baseball players earn postseason honors
- ICC sweeps MACJC Women's Soccer weekly honors
- ICC's Little named MACJC men's soccer player of the week
- ICC's Halums named MACJC Player of the Week
- ICC midfielder named MACJC Player of the Week