FULTON, Miss. (WTVA/ICC Athletics) – Itawamba Community College sophomore guard/forward Brian Halums was named to the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Division I Men’s Basketball All-America Second Team, announced Tuesday.
Halums (Simmons) led the Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) and finished tied for 37th in the country in scoring at 19.6 points per game. He also led the team with 8.3 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game.
The Ole Miss signee scored 20 or more points in 11 contest this season, including a career-high 41 against Southern-Shreveport on December 9 and reached double-digits in 17 games. Halums finished his final season in Fulton with nine double-doubles on the year with a season-high 14 rebounds at Northwest on January 29.
Halums is the second ICC men’s basketball player to be selected as an All-American in the past five seasons. Alex Anderson (Memphis, Tenn.) was selected to the Second Team as a sophomore during the 2013-14 season.
- ICC's Halums named NJCAA All-American
- ICC's Halums named MACJC Player of the Week
- Bailie Springfield named NJCAA All-American
- ICC's Halums earns MACJC Player of the Week honors again
- ICC football enters NJCAA Top 20 rankings
- Former NEMCC defensive lineman Sam Williams named NJCAA All-American
- ICC football earns No. 10 ranking in final NJCAA poll
- ICC's Williams, Ellington earn NJCAA All-America honors
- ICC golf team earns Top 5 ranking in NJCAA poll
- ICC's Springfield named NJCAA Pitcher of the Week for second time