HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — Edouard Julien singled home the winning run in the 11th inning Tuesday as No. 7 seed Auburn beat Kentucky 4-3 to eliminate the 10th-seeded Wildcats from the Southeastern Conference Tournament.
Auburn (38-19) advances to the double-elimination portion of the tournament and faces No. 2 seed Ole Miss (42-14) on Wednesday.
Julien's one-out single to center field off Zack Thompson (2-1) scored pinch runner Cade Evans from second base. Brett Wright singled and Brendan Venter walked to start the winning rally.
Kentucky (34-22) wasted a brilliant performance from Sean Hjelle, who struck out nine and allowed just four hits in 7 1/3 innings of scoreless relief.
Kole Cottam hit a solo homer for Kentucky and had a game-tying RBI double with two outs in the ninth inning.
Auburn's Will Holland had a solo shot and scored twice. Freshman Cody Greenhill (4-2) allowed Cottam's game-tying double but pitched three innings of scoreless relief.
- Auburn beats Kentucky 4-3 in 11 innings in SEC Tournament
- No. 4 Kentucky beats Alabama at SEC Tournament
- MSU women defeat Kentucky to advance in SEC Tournament
- Ole Miss softball eliminated by Kentucky in SEC Tournament quarterfinals
- Mace, Byrne pitch Florida past LSU, 4-3, in SEC tourney
- No. 22 Auburn shakes off Missouri at SEC Tournament
- No. 22 Auburn beats South Carolina in SEC quarterfinal
- Kentucky beats MSU 4-1
- Florida ends skid, beats Arkansas in SEC Tournament
- Alabama rallies to beat Ole Miss in SEC Tournament