After Ester Ledecka won the Olympic super-G gold medal in PyeongChang, another Olympic champion with a similar last name expressed her excitement.
“That's what Ledecka's do” was posted to Katie Ledecky’s Twitter account with three exclamation points:
Even Ledecka, who has never finished better than 19th in a World Cup super-G, was surprised by her Olympic triumph. She exclaimed "How did that happen?" after seeing her time.
Ledecka has been asked about Ledecky before.
“She’s not my sister. But I wish she was because she’s very good,” Ledecka said to the Associated Press in 2016. “I cheer for her every time like we are sisters.”
The Associated Press reported that Ledecka is not related to Ledecky, but Ledecky is not convinced:
Ledecka has a ways to go to catch Ledecky, who has five Olympic swimming gold medals. But Ledecka is not finished in PyeongChang.
The two-sport athlete from the Czech Republic will also compete in Alpine snowboarding in PyeongChang.
- Katie Ledecky wonders whether she is related to Ester Ledecka
- Snowboarder Ester Ledecka surprise gold medalist in Alpine skiing
- Watch: Stunned commentators call Ester Ledecka's shocking victory
- 7 mind-blowing facts of skier Ester Ledecka's stunning gold medal
- Ester Ledecka back on her snowboard, could make history with second gold medal
- Ester Ledecka first woman to win gold in two sports at same Winter Olympics
- Katie Uhlaender might not be done yet
- Ahead of the Opening Ceremony, Katie Couric joins The Podium
- The Podium: Red Gerard, Katie Couric on Ski Jumping
- British snowboarder Katie Ormerod out of Olympics due to fractured heel