Mid-competition, U.S. halfpipe snowboarder Chloe Kim took to Twitter looking for some ice cream.
“Could be down for some ice cream rn,” the 17-year-old tweeted on Feb. 12 in PyeongChang (Feb. 11 in the U.S.). A user asked, “Aren’t you competing right now?” to which she responded a sheepish “yes…”
Even with Olympic gold on the line, the talented snowboarder has time for food – even in the middle of an event. Earlier in the day, she tweeted about how a particularly “bomb” churro helped calm her nerves.
With two back-to-back food tweets in one day, maybe someone should make sure Kim is getting her sugar fix in the Olympic Village. Does she know churro ice cream bowls exist?
Like all great things, the Internet took Kim's ice cream craving and ran with it.
- Chloe Kim wants some mid-competition ice cream
- "Pretty bomb" churros help ease snowboarder Chloe Kim's nerves
- Chloe Kim leads four Americans into women's snowboard halfpipe final
- Chloe Kim was hungry for gold (and also a sandwich)
- Chloe Kim dominates in snowboard halfpipe to win Olympic gold
- What to watch tonight in PyeongChang: Adam Rippon, Chloe Kim, Jamie Anderson all in action
- What to watch tonight in PyeongChang: Shaun White makes debut; Chloe Kim goes for gold
- What Chloe Kim’s dad texted her before the Olympic halfpipe final
- What you missed in PyeongChang last night: Chloe Kim, Shaun White thrill in halfpipe
- Charlie White talks Twitter trolls and previews Olympic ice dance competition