JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The state department of education says student achievement is at an all-time high in English Language Arts and Mathematics.
On Thursday the state released statewide results from the 2018-2019 Mississippi Academic Assessment Program (MAAP).
Students in grades 3-8 take tests in both subjects, and high school students take tests in English II and Algebra I.
MAAP has five increasing achievement levels: Minimal, Basic, Passing, Proficient and Advanced.
The student's score in each subject is categorized in a level.
The MAAP was first administered in the 2015-2016 school year.
You can view the results by opening the blue links below.
English Language Arts
- State legislators talk education at town hall
- Statewide tornado drill set for Wednesday morning
- Statewide driver's license stations are back open
- U.S. attorneys held statewide human trafficking training
- Healthy Heroes Program increases health education across state
- State education leaders arrive in Noxubee County for school takeover