JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi’s upcoming sales tax holiday weekend now includes school supplies.
The holiday is on July 26-27.
During the holiday period, sales tax is not due on the sale of articles of clothing, footwear, or school supplies if the sales price of a single item is less than $100.
If an item is priced at $100 or more, it's subject to sales tax at the regular retail rate of 7 percent.
In the past, school supplies were not included in the holiday.
- Mississippi's tax-free weekend now includes school supplies
- Back to school bash, free school supplies for kids
- Mississippi awards include painter who fights stereotypes
- Top 2018 Mississippi stories include Senate race, road money
- Mississippi governor's budget has free community college
- Mississippi cigarette tax increases nearly dead
- Alabama's sales tax holiday is this weekend
- Mississippi city approves free beer samples for shoppers
- MUW announces free tuition program for Mississippi National Guard
- Local organizations provide new backpacks and supplies