TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Lee County sheriff’s deputies captured a murder suspect on Saturday.
The suspect, identified as Gregory Freeman, was reportedly driving north on Highway 45 in a burgundy Ford SUV.
According to the Lee County Sheriff’s Department, deputies positioned themselves along the highway near the Chickasaw County line, as well as at the Shannon and Brewer exits.
A Lee County deputy saw the vehicle traveling north near the Shannon exit and alerted other deputies.
Freeman was captured after sheriff’s deputies deployed “stop sticks” at the Brewer exit.
According to WTOK-TV in Meridian, Freeman is suspected of shooting a woman Saturday morning.
The woman later died at a hospital.
Freeman is charged with one count of murder and one count of motor vehicle theft in Lauderdale County.
- Lee County sheriff's deputies capture murder suspect
- Louisiana deputies capture Noxubee fugitive
- Deputy discovers wounded driver in Lee County
- Sheriff expresses concerns about Lee County jail
- Lee County sheriff warns of phone scam
- Lee County Sheriff's Department investigates chase
- Sheriff issues warning about Lee County scam
- Lee County sheriff warns about scam
- Suspect crashes during Lee County pursuit
- MHP identifies Lee County chase suspect