LACKEY, Miss. (WTVA) - Jessie Little, 33, was shot and killed Thursday afternoon at a residence on Old Columbus Road near Aberdeen.
People who were there told WTVA that Michael Wayne McCallum, 33, shot his brother-in-law.
The two men, along with several others, were at the home to ride out the midday storms.
“They went outside about five minutes later,” said James Reese. “I was making a sandwich. When I got done, I looked out the window and I see Wayne walking towards him with a rifle and shot him right in his face right here.”
Adrianna Jones was there and recalled what Little’s wife screamed.
“Wayne just shot my husband in the head. Wayne, you shot my husband.”
Little’s wife ran into the home to take cover from her brother.
McCallum stated his “job” was not yet finished, according to witnesses.
He reportedly walked circles in the yard until he heard sirens, which is when witnesses say he jumped into a truck and drove off.
The witnesses were able to provide the vehicle’s description to responding sheriff’s deputies.
Deputies later spotted the described vehicle, which led to a pursuit that ended on McDuffie Cemetery Road.
McCallum was killed there in an officer-involved shooting.
- UPDATE: Monroe shooting follow-up
- UPDATE: Pontotoc youth cleared of charges following Monroe shooting
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- UPDATE: Duo wanted following Monroe County church break-ins
- UPDATE: Second person ID'd following Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: Man in custody following Monroe break-ins
- UPDATE: Prairie man airlifted to hospital following Monroe collision
- UPDATE: Three charged following New Hope shooting
- UPDATE: Unusual pistol found following Verona shooting
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged following Columbus shooting