COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - The Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office placed an employee on administrative leave pending the outcome of a state investigation.
The sheriff’s office issued a statement on Monday addressing the matter.
According to the statement, the Mississippi Attorney General’s Office informed the sheriff’s office on Thursday about an ongoing criminal investigation into a current employee.
It's unclear if the employee is a law enforcement officer.
However, the allegations against the employee are not related to that employee’s duties at the sheriff’s office, according to the statement.
The sheriff’s office did not provide any more information.
In a statement to WTVA, the Attorney General's Office could neither confirm nor deny on the existence or nonexistence of an investigation.
- AG's Office investigating employee of Lowndes County Sheriff's Office
- Former Lowndes County Sheriff's Office employee arrested
- Lowndes County office building fire under investigation
- Lowndes County sheriff not seeking re-election
- Lowndes County sheriff names new chief deputy
- Lowndes County officers chase down, arrest wanted man
- No indictments handed up against officers in Lowndes County shooting
- Death of Lowndes County man under investigation
- Lowndes County investigators seek missing welder
- Investigation continues into Lowndes shooting