COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A Columbus man is accused of holding his former girlfriend against her will and assaulting her.
Coby Pittman, 29, surrendered himself to the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office on Monday.
The alleged crime happened in late April.
He is accused of strangling the woman and shoving her to the ground while she was holding her infant child.
Pittman is charged with aggravated domestic violence, kidnapping, and simple assault on a child.
He is out on bond.
- Columbus man surrenders to law enforcement after alleged assault, kidnapping
- Columbus man leads law enforcement on pursuit in Lowndes County
- Columbus man charged with not revealing information to law enforcement
- Columbus man arrested on kidnapping charges
- Oxford police charge man with assault, kidnapping
- Alabama man held in alleged kidnapping scheme
- Columbus man accused of assaulting woman
- Man charged with assaulting girlfriend in Columbus
- Columbus man accused of assaulting girlfriend
- Columbus man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend