JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - A local high school student has been named a presidential scholar.
Hamilton Wan of Starkville is a student at the Mississippi School for Mathematics & Science in Columbus.
He is among 161 high school seniors from across the country to be named to the 55th class of the U.S. Presidential Scholars Program
These students are being recognized for their accomplishments in academics and the arts, as well as in the career and technical education fields.
Each honoree will receive a medallion during a June 23 ceremony.
Mississippi’s other scholars are:
- Ruben Manasseh Banks - Jim Hill Senior High School in Jackson
- Eliza Phillips Burnham - Jackson Preparatory School
- MSMS student named 2019 presidential scholar
- MSMS graduate named Ole Miss' 27th Rhodes Scholar
- MSMS honors retiring English teacher, inaugural faculty
- MSMS holds open house to celebrate high rankings
- Mississippi State senior named Truman Scholar
- Baldwyn student wins 2019 WTVA Senior Scholarship
- MSU unveils Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library
- Bernie Sanders launches second presidential campaign
- Skilled to Work: Mississippi Works Career-Tech Scholars Program
- EMCC names interim president