JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - A local high school student has been named a presidential scholar.
Hamilton Wan of Starkville is a student at the Mississippi School for Mathematics & Science in Columbus.
He is among 161 high school seniors from across the country to be named to the 55th class of the U.S. Presidential Scholars Program
These students are being recognized for their accomplishments in academics and the arts, as well as in the career and technical education fields.
Each honoree will receive a medallion during a June 23 ceremony.
Mississippi’s other scholars are:
- Ruben Manasseh Banks - Jim Hill Senior High School in Jackson
- Eliza Phillips Burnham - Jackson Preparatory School
- MSMS student named 2019 presidential scholar
- MSMS holds open house to celebrate high rankings
- Mississippi State senior named Truman Scholar
- MSU unveils Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library
- Bernie Sanders launches second presidential campaign
- Skilled to Work: Mississippi Works Career-Tech Scholars Program
- New Ulysses Grant presidential library at home in the South
- War hero and presidential candidate Senator John McCain has died
- Joe Biden to announce his 2020 presidential bid on Thursday
- Former presidential candidate Ross Perot dies at 89