TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Lee County Sheriff’s Department will no longer allow people to bring some pieces of clothing to inmates.
"Due to a recent discovery of narcotics being hidden in property that was brought to an inmate, the Lee County Sheriff's Department will no longer allow underwear, socks or tee shirts to be brought to inmates.”
Photo: Lee County Sheriff's Department
Sheriff Jim Johnson said these items are available through the sheriff’s department’s commissary.
He also said these measures are necessary to ensure the jail is a safe environment.
Charges will be filed against those responsible.
- Lee County sheriff issues jail restriction following drug discovery
- Sheriff expresses concerns about Lee County jail
- Sheriff issues warning about Lee County scam
- Supervisors defeat motion for Lee County jail expansion, sheriff responds
- Pontotoc issues restrictions on businesses
- Booneville addresses coronavirus, issues restrictions
- Traffic stop leads to drug discovery
- Lee County jail to install video system
- Lee County jail attack caught on camera
- Lee County sheriff warns of phone scam