COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Kristopher Kellum has been captured after he fled from law enforcement in Lowndes County.
In a news release from Lowndes County Sheriff Mike Arledge, 37-year-old Kellum of Hamilton was arrested Thursday morning in Monroe County.
U.S. Marshals and the Mississippi Highway Patrol received information about his location and arrested him without incident.
The news release stated Kellum was hiding in a storage building on Highway 45 near the Lowndes County line.
He was armed with a gun at the time of his arrest, according to the sheriff's office.
He was taken back to the Lowndes County jail.
The sheriff reported Kellum fled from law enforcement Sunday night after a state trooper responded to a broken-down vehicle on Highway 45.
A warrant was active at that time for his arrest on the charge of possession of a firearm by a felon.
- UPDATE: Lowndes County fugitive captured in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Lowndes County fugitive Delvin Moore captured
- UPDATE: Union County fugitives captured in Tennessee
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Police: Missouri fugitive captured in Calhoun County
- UPDATE: Tennessee fugitive captured in south Alabama
- UPDATE: U.S. Marshals capture fugitive Adrian Golden
- U.S. Marshals capture Illinois fugitive
- Louisiana deputies capture Noxubee fugitive
- UPDATE: Lowndes Co. armed robbery suspect captured