TREMONT, Miss. (WTVA) - A man has been arrested and charged in connection with the death of a 4-month-old girl in Itawamba County.
Itawamba County Sheriff Chris Dickinson said deputies responded Tuesday afternoon to a residence in the Tremont area for a report of an unresponsive child.
Randy Dale Jr. was arraigned in circuit court in Tupelo.
He said the child’s babysitter called 911.
The infant was taken to the hospital and later died Thursday morning.
Investigators believe the babysitter’s husband, Randy Dale Jr., is responsible for the infant’s death.
Dale, 35, was arrested Wednesday night and charged with capital murder.
The sheriff said Dale's wife had left the residence to go to a store and found the baby when she returned.
Investigators later determined Dale was at the residence when his wife left, Dickinson said.
- Man arrested, charged with infant's death in Itawamba County
- Itawamba officials arrest Monroe man on drug charges
- Duo charged with Itawamba County ATV theft
- Two men charged with Itawamba County assault
- Drug arrests made in Itawamba County
- Drug arrest made in Itawamba County
- Molestation arrest made in Itawamba County
- Accused kidnapper arrested in Itawamba County
- Infant death reported in Choctaw County
- Man charged with manufacturing marijuana in Itawamba County