TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Funeral homes throughout Lee County put together a plan to serve the grieving during the coronavirus pandemic.
Seven Lee County area funeral homes held a press conference Friday morning to talk about their plans moving forward.
Owners said they will continue to offer services to people who have lost loved ones, but in a limited capacity.
Each agreed to limit all arrangements to a maximum of 10 people and will require a 6 feet space cushion.
They will also stop public visitations.
Steve Holland of Holland Funeral Directors said grief cannot be quarantined.
The funeral homes will continue to evaluate as more guidelines come from the state.
The following funeral homes comprised the group:
- Jacque Grayson - Grayson-Porter's Mortuary
- Whitney Pegues - Beck, W. E. Pegues Funeral Directors
- Steve Holland - Holland Funeral Directors
- Nat Jones - N.L. Jones Funeral Directors
- Sammy Reed - Lee Memorial Funeral Home
- Ronnie Kesler - Kesler Funeral Home
- Johnny Agnew - Agnew and Sons Funeral Home