DERMA, Miss. (WTVA) - A Calhoun County man tells WTVA he is thankful he was not hurt when several men invaded his home.
The home invasion happened the night of July 8th at the home of Noah Turner, 21, in Derma.
According to Turner, he went to his bedroom to call for help, but the men kicked the door open, took his phone, locked him in a closet and threatened to shoot him if he moved.
Turner said the incident lasted for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
Turner described the robbers as young-looking, black men, who wore bandanas over their faces.
He also recalled hearing one man call out the name "Jalen."
Derma police are investigating the incident.
- Derma police investigating home invasion
- Arrest made in Derma shooting
- Police: 2 people shot in Derma
- Chase with law enforcement ends in Derma
- Derma Police narrowing down suspects in gas station shooting
- Seventh arrest made in home invasion investigation
- Derma man indicted after fatal ATV collision earlier this year
- Man pleads not guilty to Derma Post Office burglary
- Investigators: Grenada man arrested for attempted rape, home invasion
- Arrest made in Lowndes County home invasion