COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A car collided with a bicyclist Wednesday night in Columbus.
According to the Columbus Police Department, the incident happened on Main Street near Propst Park.
The bicyclist was transported to the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo for life-threatening injuries.
"At this time, we believe the victim was riding in a moving lane and traffic when the accident occurred," Police Chief Fred Shelton said.
Police have not identified the rider.
"We are still researching the accident, but we don't believe the driver of the car was at fault given the eyewitness report at the scene," Shelton said.
Police are not releasing any information about the car.
- Columbus collision sends bicyclist to hospital
- Shannon collision sends two to hospital
- Train collision sends truck driver to hospital
- Columbus wreck sends 2 to hospital
- Columbus traffic accident sends driver to hospital
- Columbus crash sends four people to hospital
- Head-on collision kills 1, sends 3 children to hospital
- Highway 45 wreck in Columbus sends one to hospital
- Crash in Columbus sends two people to the hospital
- Overnight wreck sends one person to Columbus hospital