COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A car collided with a bicyclist Wednesday night in Columbus.
According to the Columbus Police Department, the incident happened on Main Street near Propst Park.
The bicyclist was transported to the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo for life-threatening injuries.
"At this time, we believe the victim was riding in a moving lane and traffic when the accident occurred," Police Chief Fred Shelton said.
Police have not identified the rider.
"We are still researching the accident, but we don't believe the driver of the car was at fault given the eyewitness report at the scene," Shelton said.
Police are not releasing any information about the car.
- Columbus collision sends bicyclist to hospital
- Police: Bicyclist injured in Columbus collision
- Shannon collision sends two to hospital
- Train collision sends truck driver to hospital
- Bicyclist out of hospital after accident involving SUV in Columbus
- Columbus traffic accident sends driver to hospital
- Columbus crash sends four people to hospital
- Columbus wreck sends 2 to hospital
- Motorcyclist transported to hospital after car collision in Columbus
- Head-on collision kills 1, sends 3 children to hospital