CHOCTAW COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A pedestrian is dead following a late-night collision in Choctaw County.
According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, the collision happened Sunday on Highway 9 near Pensacola Road.
Sgt. Derrick Beckom said Hunter McElroy, 21, of Louisville, was driving north in an SUV when he collided with the pedestrian who was trying to cross the northbound lane of traffic.
The pedestrian was identified as Stefanie Dawn Turner, 52, of Starkville. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
McElroy was taken to Choctaw Regional Medical Center for minor injuries.
The MHP is investigating the incident.
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- Pedestrian killed In Oktibbeha County collision
- Choctaw County crash kills Eupora man
- UPDATE: Pedestrian killed in Lowndes collision
- Pedestrian injured in morning collision
- Elderly woman killed after car crash in Choctaw County
- Clay County collision kills one
- THE MIKE FILES: Death in Choctaw County
- Friends remember Choctaw County's Moe Hardin
- UPDATE: Power restored in Choctaw County