UPDATE 07/04/19 - This bridge has since been reopened.
Original article below
ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Monroe County supervisors have temporarily closed a bridge over the Buttahatchee River.
The bridge is located on Bartahatchie Road, which is in east Monroe County, south of Greenwood Springs.
According to Monroe County Road Manager Sonny Clay, the Federal Highway Administration and the Office of State Aid Road and Bridge directed the county’s supervisors to close the bridge effective immediately until further notice.
A contractor will inspect the bridge to see what needs to be done to reopen it.
This is a developing story and this article will be updated when more information becomes available.
- Federal government orders closure of Monroe County bridge
- Monroe County bridge closes in Bartahatchie community
- UPDATE: Gov. Bryant orders closure of 83 bridges, one in Itawamba County
- Monroe County man convicted of federal gun and drug crimes
- Clay, Itawamba, Monroe, Oktibbeha counties declared federal disaster areas
- 2 counties sue Mississippi governor over bridge closures
- Webster County bridge added to growing closure list
- Fire destroys Monroe County home
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Child shot in Monroe County