TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Former Tupelo High School teacher Braden Bishop has pleaded guilty to inappropriate contact with a student.
Bishop was arrested in November 2018.
Braden Bishop being escorted while inside the Lee County Justice Center in Tupelo. | Date: Nov. 8, 2019
A Lee County grand jury indicted Bishop earlier this year for four counts of sexual battery and one count of fondling.
On Friday, he pleaded guilty to one count of sexual battery of a minor and will serve 10 years.
He also pleaded guilty to one count of fondling, but will not have to serve time pending good behavior.
Bishop was ordered to have no contact with the victim or her family. He must also register as a sex offender.
- Former Tupelo teacher Braden Bishop pleads guilty, sentenced
- Former Houlka teacher pleads guilty to 2015 sexual battery case
- UPDATE: Tupelo High School teacher under investigation
- Probable cause hearing for Tupelo teacher delayed
- UPDATE: Former Tupelo teacher arrested, charged
- Tupelo man sentenced in drug trafficking case
- Tupelo teen sentenced in shooting death
- Tupelo teen sentenced to prison for robberies
- Update: Former Columbus choir teacher sentenced Friday
- Man pleads not guilty to killing birds