BALDWYN, Miss. (WTVA) - Police are investigating an incident in which a stray bullet grazed the arm of a high school softball player in Baldwyn.
Baldwyn School District School Superintendent Jason McKay said it happened Monday afternoon at Latimer Park.
He confirmed the student was at practice and was treated for minor injuries.
"This matter is being taken very seriously due to the utmost importance of our students’ safety at all times," he said.
Baldwyn Police Chief Troy Agnew believes someone may have been shooting at a bird because the bullet seemed to fall from the sky.
Shooting a firearm within the city limits is a crime.
- Stray bullet grazes Baldwyn softball player, police investigate
- Baldwyn football player seriously hurt in motorcycle accident near school
- Baldwyn police officers file lawsuit against city
- Update: Police say Baldwyn man shot in the chest
- Police: 1 person taken to hospital after Baldwyn wrecks
- Police: Baldwyn shooting suspect was found hiding in a boat
- Arrest made following Baldwyn gas station burglary
- Man found dead inside his Baldwyn home
- Three teens charged in Baldwyn murder
- Charges pending after deadly Baldwyn shooting