TREMONT, Miss. (WTVA) - A mother is grieving following the death of her infant in Itawamba County which led to a murder arrest.
Makenzie, 4-month-old, died Thursday morning after she was found unresponsive Tuesday afternoon at a residence in the Tremont area.
Randy Dale Jr. | Photo: Itawamba County Sheriff's Office
Randy Dale Jr. was arrested and charged with capital murder in connection to the death.
Her mother, Tamera Jones, spoke with WTVA reporter Erin Wilson Friday morning.
She said her daughter had been suffering from an apparent ear infection days before her death.
Itawamba County Sheriff Chris Dickinson said a babysitter was taking care of the child at the child’s home.
The home is located on Old Cotton Gin Road.
Dickinson said the babysitter left the infant with Dale, her husband, in order to go to a store.
The babysitter called 911 after she returned and found the infant unresponsive.
The baby girl was taken off life support due to no brain activity.
- Mother devastated following her infant daughter's death
- Infant death reported in Choctaw County
- UPDATE: Grandmother in custody for infant's death
- Man arrested, charged with infant's death in Itawamba County
- Tupelo blanket stolen in Pittsburgh; mother and daughter recall scare
- Mother charged with helping daughter hide from law enforcement
- Tupelo woman charged with kidnapping of infant
- UPDATE: Tennessee infant recovered, father in custody
- Infant Ibuprofen recall expanded for dosage concerns