COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A new employee is accused of giving more than $10,000 from her employer’s cash register to another person.
Alaynah Grace Hoadley, 18, of Columbus, was arrested by police on Jan. 31 and charged with felony embezzlement.
Police did not identify the business.
Police and store management believe the money was taken during the six weeks she was employed.
Police Chief Fred Shelton said the person who received the money could possibly face charges if that person knew they were receiving money improperly.
Hoadley was released on bond Tuesday, Feb. 4.
- Young employee arrested for embezzlement
- Starkville Utilities employee charged with embezzlement
- Former Booneville employee charged with embezzlement
- Starkville man arrested for embezzlement
- UPDATE: Report: City employee accused of embezzling $2,000
- Another arrest made in Starkville embezzlement case
- Former MSU event worker arrested for embezzlement
- Former Alcorn County clerk arrested for embezzlement
- Former Burnsville clerk arrested for embezzlement
- Jonestown mayor arrested on embezzlement charges