FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - A man was arrested this week by Itawamba County sheriff's deputies after being spotted driving the wrong way in Fulton.
The sheriff's department says Shawn Earl, 38, of Lexington, Tennessee, was seen doing that in his vehicle Tuesday on South Adams Street.
Deputies say the vehicle did not stop until it almost got to the Alabama line on Interstate 22. That's where he was arrested.
Earl is charged with felony eluding, possession of methamphetamine and destruction of physical evidence.
- Wrong-way driver leads to chase, drug arrest
- MHP: Wrong-way driver leads to fatal I-22 accident
- Checkpoint leads to drug arrest in Burnsville
- Sheriff: Traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- Drug investigation leads to arrests in Tupelo
- Police chase ends in Lowndes County, driver arrested
- Thefts, chase lead to two arrests in Monroe County
- Columbus police chase leads to arrest in robbery case
- Multiple thefts, chase lead to arrest of Alcorn County man
- Police arrest West Point man for drugs following chase