MANTACHIE, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi Highway Patrol continues its investigation into a collision that claimed the life of a Mooreville resident.
That person has been identified as 72-year-old Melden Lambert.
It happened Friday afternoon off MS 371, just south of Mantachie.
Law enforcement say Lambert was traveling south bound when he apparently crossed into the north bound lane, colliding head on with a Chevrolet truck.
The driver of that truck was 31-year-old Joseph Corrigan of Florence, AL.
MHP says Lambert died at the scene.
Corrigan received moderate injuries and was treated at the hospital.
- Wreck claims life of Mooreville resident
- Interstate 22 wreck cleared at Mooreville exit
- Mooreville residents react to break-in
- Fire destroys Mooreville home
- Mooreville High School 2018 graduation
- Calhoun County wreck claims life of Indiana woman
- UPDATE: Mooreville man dies in Thursday crash
- Fire breaks out at Mooreville home
- UPDATE: Soft lockdown lifted at Mooreville school
- Mooreville house fire kills family's pets