GOLDEN, Miss. (WTVA) - It's been 75 years since Sgt. James Edward Blevins died in battle during World War II.
Family and members of the community came together to remember him. Blevins grew up in Itawamba County.
The United States government drafted Blevins when he was 20 years old. He fought in the Battle of the Bulge in Germany.
Blevins died in battle on Jan. 25, 1945. The U.S Army buried Blevins at the American Military Cemetery in Hamm, Luxembourg.
In 1947, the Veteran's Administration returned his body to U.S. soil.
Family members re-interred Blevins at Mt. Zion Cemetery in Itawamba County.
- World War II vet from Itawamba County remembered
- MHP sign in Itawamba County remembers former trooper
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal
- Itawamba County shed catches fire
- Senior citizens soar over Tupelo in World War II-era plane
- Drug arrests made in Itawamba County
- UPDATE: One dead in Itawamba County accident
- Duo charged with Itawamba County ATV theft
- Itawamba County burglaries could be related
- Drug arrest made in Itawamba County