TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The past few months have been a whirlwind for Brian Dozier.
The Itawamba AHS and Southern Miss product and his wife became parents to a baby girl ten weeks ago, and in late October, Dozier won a World Series championship with the Washington Nationals.
On Saturday, Dozier was in Tupelo for the grand opening of Peak Fitness, a gym he co-owns with Clay Weatherford, his childhood friend.
"We found a few spots that might be good, and we found this building," Dozier said. "It's a great location, and called it Peak Fitness, and we think very highly of it, it's been pretty good."
Dozier, who lives in Hattiesburg, will be back in North Mississippi on January 25 to host his Golden Halo event at the Tupelo Furniture Market, which will benefit disabled adults at the Crossroads Ranch in Fulton.
As for baseball, Dozier is currently a free agent.
"Wherever God points me to go, wherever He needs an impact, in a certain city or certain team, I'm all for it," he said.
- World Series champion Dozier opens gym in Tupelo
- Tupelo farmers' depot opens
- Supermarket Aldi officially opens in Tupelo
- Furniture Market winter show opens in Tupelo
- Mississippi State makes 11th College World Series, beats Stanford 8-1
- Vandy beats MSU 6-3 in College World Series
- World-class speakers discuss leadership at summit in Tupelo
- Aberdeen superintendent responds to video of students fighting in gym
- Olympic champion honored with Mississippi highway sign
- Vietnam Wall replica opened to the public in Tupelo