Update May 10 10:40 p.m. - Highway 178 reopened late Thursday evening.
See the original post below.
MOOREVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Work is expected to end Thursday on a roadway effected by a recent landslide.
The section of roadway is on Highway 178 in Mooreville near Treeside Drive. The road experienced severe cracking in February.
Crews have been on the scene Thursday morning finishing gravel work to the shoulder.
The work is expected to be complete later Thursday.
However, the Mississippi Department of Transportation says the road will need to be inspected before it opens to the public.
- UPDATE: Mooreville road reopened after months of work
- UPDATE: Endville Road reopens
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens
- Fire destroys Mooreville home
- UPDATE: Mooreville man dies in Thursday crash
- UPDATE: Soft lockdown lifted at Mooreville school
- Mooreville High School 2018 graduation
- Work Zone Awareness month
- UPDATE: Mooreville woman charged with murder in man's death
- Road reopened as crew works on Saltillo gas leak