ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Work continues to try and get the Tenn-Tombigbee Waterway opened from Iuka to Mobile following recent flooding.
A dredge is working to remove sediment from an area south of Aberdeen.
The device will remove sandbars blocking the flow of the river from barges and towboats.
Officials estimate millions of dollars have been lost by companies who have been unable to utilize the waterway to ship their products and materials.
No timeline has been set for when the work will be completed.
- Tenn-Tom Waterway reopens
- Work is ongoing to reopen Tenn-Tom Waterway
- Tenn-Tom Waterway closed after heavy rain
- Gov. Phil Bryant to chair Tenn-Tom Waterway Dev. Authority
- Tenn-Tom still closed after flood blocks way with sandbars
- Body found floating in Tennessee Tombigbee Waterway
- Ongoing investigation in motorcycle accident
- Bond set for Tenn. woman charged in Tishomingo County
- Evacuation issued at Aberdeen school, investigation ongoing
- Investigation ongoing into Tallahatchie County shooting