COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Police in Columbus have arrested a state inmate who escaped from a work center in Greenwood on Tuesday.
State and local law enforcement arrested Justin Lee on Wednesday along Highway 45 North.
Police Captain Brent Swan says his department had an active warrant for Lee for writing a bogus check on September 21.
He's accused of using that $13,345 check to buy a vehicle at a car dealership. The vehicle was eventually recovered.
Lee will be returned to state corrections officers to face an escape charge.
- Work center escapee arrested in Columbus
- Noxubee County Sheriff: Officers capture work center escapee
- UPDATE: Webster escapee captured, more arrests expected
- Quitman County escapee arrested in Fulton
- UPDATE: Lauderdale County escapee recaptured
- UPDATE: Rankin County escapee captured
- Parchman escapee is in custody
- One Parchman escapee in custody
- Remaining Parchman escapee in custody
- UPDATE: Juvenile escapees returned to Lee County detention center