COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Police in Columbus have arrested a state inmate who escaped from a work center in Greenwood on Tuesday.
State and local law enforcement arrested Justin Lee on Wednesday along Highway 45 North.
Police Captain Brent Swan says his department had an active warrant for Lee for writing a bogus check on September 21.
He's accused of using that $13,345 check to buy a vehicle at a car dealership. The vehicle was eventually recovered.
Lee will be returned to state corrections officers to face an escape charge.
- Work center escapee arrested in Columbus
- UPDATE: Webster escapee captured, more arrests expected
- UPDATE: Juvenile escapees returned to Lee County detention center
- UPDATE: Lauderdale County escapee recaptured
- UPDATE: Rankin County escapee captured
- Arrest made for Columbus shooting
- Reward increased for Lowndes County escapee
- Alabama jail escapee captured in Georgia
- UPDATE: Yazoo County jail escapee captured
- UPDATE: Macon escapee captured in Alabama