TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Did you know April is Work Zone Awareness month?
Mississippi Department of Transportation crews typically work just feet away from vehicles traveling at high speeds.
Every spring, National Work Zone Awareness month is held to bring national attention to motorist and worker safety.
Officials hope the effort will help drive down the number of deaths on roadways in the state.
- Work Zone Awareness month
- NMMC hosting event to promote stroke awareness month
- Alcorn County bridge work expected to last months
- UPDATE: Mooreville road reopened after months of work
- Road Warriors spread awareness for wounded veterans
- Oxford High School group raises suicide awareness
- Trump denies Pelosi military aircraft for war zone trip
- Mississippi expands management zone to prevent spread of deer disease
- Sheriff creates ‘Safe Exchange Zone’ in Calhoun County
- Free legal clinics set for coming months