LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Two women are accused of embezzling from the North Lee Water Association.
The two are identified as Tina Wilson and Gina Niblett.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson says this appears to have been going on since 2012.
He says the association noticed an issue and contacted the Lee County Sheriff’s Department.
Investigators are still determining how much money was involved.
It’s unclear how the alleged crime happened, but Johnson says he’s waiting on the official audit.
Both women have bonded out of jail. They will appear before a Lee County grand jury.
Wilson is no longer employed by the water association. Niblett’s current employment is unknown.
- Women accused of embezzling from North Lee Water Association
- Boil water notice lifted for North Lee Water Association
- Water outage scheduled for Cason Water Association
- Water Valley woman charged with Oxford embezzlement
- Bruce woman accused of embezzlement in Oxford
- Oxford men accused of embezzling from Walmart
- Mississippi Rural Water Association answers questions about boil water notices
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted for Cadaretta Water Association
- Boil water notice issued for Slate Springs Water Association
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted for Atlanta Water Association