OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A federal judge sentenced a woman to just three years probation for her role in a sex trafficking case.
Paulette Clayton was found guilty by a federal jury for sex trafficking back in December of last year.
An investigation conducted by Oxford police and the FBI revealed that a female victim was transported from Atlanta to Oxford and forced into prostitution by Clayton and Mario Collins.
The pair were arrested back in April of last year for the crime. Mario Collins will face sentencing next week.
- Woman sentenced to probation for role in sex trafficking
- UPDATE: Memphis man sentenced for role in sex trafficking case
- Two sentenced in Mississippi for sex trafficking
- Woman sentenced for role in Pontotoc County post office robbery
- Tupelo man sentenced in drug trafficking case
- Alabama man sentenced in drug trafficking case
- Sentencing delayed in federal drug trafficking case
- Starkville police arrest woman for drug trafficking
- Woman, 62, charged with drug trafficking
- Oxford man charged with trafficking minor for sex acts