NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - Police in New Albany are looking for a vehicle involved in a Thursday hit and run accident that sent a woman to the hospital with serious injuries.
Chief Chris Robertson says it happened around 5 p.m. Thursday on Martintown Road.
The chief says witnesses gave conflicting statements about the vehicle involved.
Robertson identifies the woman as Sandra Elion, 65. She is in critical but stable condition at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
You are asked to call Crime Stoppers of Northeast Mississippi at 800-773-TIPS if you have any information about the accident that can help police.
- New Albany police looking for vehicle in hit and run
- UPDATE: Arrest made for New Albany hit-and-run
- Troopers looking for vehicle after reported hit-and-run
- UPDATE: Rewards offered for information into New Albany hit-and-run
- New Albany police warn of phone scams
- New Albany police investigate burglary at Walgreens
- New Albany police investigate Walgreens burglary
- New Albany police seek car thief
- Ala. bicyclist dies after hit by police vehicle
- Tupelo man accused of hitting multiple vehicles