Update 01/19/19 3:45 p.m.
The woman hit by a train is now reported in stable condition, according to the city of Tupelo's Communication Director Leesha Faulkner.
All crossings are now back open.
See the original post below.
TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - An accident involving a train and a pedestrian happening sometime near 2 p.m. Saturday, according to city of Tupelo Communications Director Leesha Faulkner.
Police and medical crews responded to the scene on Blair Street in Tupelo.
Crosstown has shut down until further notice.
The following areas are closed: Church Street, Blair Street, Crosstown, Spring Street and Green Street until further notice.
The woman is alive, but her condition is unknown, Faulkner said.
BNSF investigators are on the scene, as well as Tupelo police.
- UPDATE: Woman hit by train, all crossings now back open
- UPDATE: Chickasaw highway back open after accident
- Red Cross hosts training for volunteers
- Man hit by train in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Alabama train collision
- UPDATED: Air Force grounds popular training aircraft
- UPDATE: Man hospitalized after Lowndes train accident
- UPDATE: Starkville woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Aberdeen woman found