TISHOMINGO COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A woman is dead and her husband was sent to the hospital after they were found near the Holcut Memorial on the Tenn-Tomm Waterway.
Tishomingo County Coroner Mack Wilemon says a hunter found 75-year-old Stella Poindexter lying in the road about a mile from the Memorial and called 911 around 8 a.m. Thursday. She was taken to the hospital in Iuka but died later.
Authorities later found her husband 84-year-old Herschel Poindexter at a bathroom about a mile from the Holcut Memorial still alive. He was taken to Magnolia Hospital in Corinth.
The coroner says he believes Herschel became disoriented while driving and drove into a fence at the memorial. He apparently could not turn the car around as the transmission did not work.
The couple was believed to be headed home to Michie, Tennessee.
- Woman dies, husband sent to hospital after crash
- Alcorn County woman charged for shooting husband
- Husband injured, woman charged in Lowndes County
- Woman accused of abandoning disabled husband
- Alabama woman dies in Lowndes County crash
- S.C. woman accused of killing husband with eye drops
- Iuka man, Tennessee woman charged in death of her husband
- Woman indicted for murder of husband in Monroe County
- Mississippi prison inmate dies in Pascagoula hospital
- Woman dies following morning stabbing