BALDWYN, Miss. (WTVA) — Police in Baldwyn charged a woman with murder after another woman died at home Tuesday afternoon.
Chief Troy Agnew would not release the name of the victim or the suspect, but he did share some information about what happened prior to the woman's death.
Home on East Clayton Street in Baldwyn where police investigated a homicide, (Craig Ford)
Updated Article - Woman dead in Baldwyn, Police charge suspect with capital murder
He said the victim left work during the lunch hour and never returned.
She worked at Baldwyn U Save, a grocery store, and the owner went to the woman's home on East Clayton Street to check on her where he made the discovery.
A co-worker identified the victim as Pamela Britt.
As for the suspect, she is in the Lee County jail.
The jail website identified her as Shawnie Vel Young, and the charge listed is first degree murder. The chief said police charged her with capital murder.
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green is looking into the cause of death, which will include the state doing an autopsy.
- Woman dead, woman charged with murder in Baldwyn
- Woman dead in Baldwyn, Police charge suspect with capital murder
- Baldwyn woman celebrates 100th birthday
- Three teens charged in Baldwyn murder
- Man found dead inside his Baldwyn home
- Charges pending after deadly Baldwyn shooting
- Charges filed in fatal Baldwyn shooting
- Sulligent police charge woman with attempted murder
- Corinth Police charge woman with husband's murder
- Macon woman charged with attempted murder