STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Sheriff's investigators in Oktibbeha County say a surveillance camera caught a woman abusing someone in her care and that led to her arrest.
Alecia Haney, 36, of Bruce, is charged with felonious infliction of physical pain or injury on a vulnerable person.
She was arrested Friday with the help of the Calhoun County Sheriff's Department.
Lieutenant Brett Watson says Haney was hired to care for a person at a home on Silver Ridge Road.
According to Watson, the camera captured Haney pushing that person, which led to the person suffering a leg injury.
A judge set bond for Haney at $50,000.
- Woman charged with abusing a vulnerable adult
- Woman charged for neglect of child and vulnerable adult
- Vulnerable adult exposed to sun; brother arrested in Lee County
- Columbus couple charged with neglecting 'vulnerable' teenager
- Mantachie woman accused of taking advantage of vulnerable person
- Man charged with abusing disabled woman
- UPDATE: Bond set for GA woman with child abuse charges
- Teen charged as adult for recent Lee County escape
- UPDATE: Teen charged as adult for Lee County jail escape
- Columbus woman arrested for child abuse